Quality in Cornwall - Awards - Pet Friendly
Any Quality in Cornwall inspected business wishing to participate will need to provide following facilities and services to their guests in order for the above logo to be displayed.
Equipment and Facilities
Water and food bowls for each pet.
There needs to be an area where dogs can be ‘toileted’ either on-site or close by with suitable disposable equipment and bins.
Where cats are accepted, a litter tray, scoop and disposable bags.
Dog cleaning area is required for muddy dogs with a hose and bucket.
Dog drying towels.
A torch for walking dogs in the dark.
If a garden or exercise area is provided on-site, it needs to be fully secure and free from hazards and should not impinge on the enjoyment of the area for non-pet owning guests.
Number, type and size of pets accepted.
- any additional charges for pets.
- any restrictions or rules for pets.
- any damage or breakage policy.
Information at Property
Contact details for local vet.
- local suppliers of pet food and other pet supplies.
- local walks for pet owners, to include maps.
- local pet friendly pubs, restaurants and tourist attractions.
- any in-house retractions and rules (eg. no pets in bedrooms).
Assessment for the “Pet Friendly” award must be booked in conjunction with
an annual Quality in Cornwall inspection visit.
An annual fee of £15 will be charged